Verderf is Nihill’s 4th studio-album after the trilogy Krach (Monumentum), Grond (Hydrahead), Verdonkermaan (Hydrahead) and As. Undead At Roadburn (Roadburn Records) Nihill is black metal, drone, doom, noise, and even hints at martial industrialism; arriving at something resembling mechanistic dark ambient as much as traditional black metal.
- The album is available on black, white and gold double vinyl. Get it here.
- All copies will include a cd with the whole album.
- All orders that are placed before December 1st will receive a free extra copy of Gnaw Their Tongues – L’Arrivée de la Terne Mort Triomphante LP, another Dutch black metal classic!
- Orders will be shipped out 1st week of December 2014.
- Customers from the US and Canada please go to the link below to save on shipping costs: http://www.outerbatteryrecords.com/products/nihill-verderf-2-lp-cd
Nihill is one of the scariest bands I’ve encountered, and their fourth album Verderf is the Dutch outfit’s more abrasive and disturbing effort yet. While the well-connected trio (who share members with Dodecahedron and TeRzij de Horde) ostensibly play black metal, their vision of what that means is an apocalyptic aggregate of drone, industrial, dark ambient, and pure, painful noise layered beneath the ravening tremolo, ungodly roars, and brittle blasts. It even verges on industrialized doom on songs like “Spirituum”, riding a decayed tempo straight to hell. In short, it’s nasty stuff made by unhinged people, who may be perfectly lovely in the flesh but lose all sense of mercy or melody when the spirit of Nihill comes knocking.